1. HOT Add more varieties for your Divi header (12 premade styles): https://header.diviultimate.com/
NEW Divi Block - Online drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 320+ premade Divi blocks (light / dark version), including custom header, fullscreen / slide in mobile menu, footer, etc. We also added NEW special module designs, such as Before & After Image Slider, Masonry Gallery, Promo Bar, Logo Carousel, etc.Try Free Version

body text font size not changing

Discussion in 'Free Divi Community Forum' started by maxmadeseo, Mar 1, 2021.

1. maxmadeseo

maxmadeseo New Member

I have changed in the theme customizer the body text to 20px and it shows while I am in the editor that the text is 20 px. However when I go to the live site the text is back to the original size of 14px. I have cleared the cache so I am not sure why the text size isn't changing. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Attached Files:

1. AD With 40+ Divi premium modules and extensions to choose from. Take Divi to the next level:Learn More
  2. Harriet

Harriet New Member

Hmm I am no expert here, and I'm only trying to help because somebody answered my question and I want to pay back the favor.
    However, few thoughts:

1. Any "local settings" in the Text Module, will override the settings in the theme customizer. So if you go into your text module (click on the gear) and look at your Design settings for Paragraph, make sure it is set to default size. You could experiment with the font size settings and make sure your live webpage is reflecting those.

2. Maybe your browser has some setting that's making it display text smaller? We can increase/decrease size in our browsers using keyboard commands such as CTRL+minus sign. But then, all website text should look kind of small to you...so it probably isn't that.

3. If you're familiar with code, you can use the Inspect function of your browser to see what's going on (like, is font size set to 20px and then some CSS is overriding that, and where that's coming from)

Sorry if that's not helpful. I'm more of a designer than a developer.

3. I agree with Harriet above. Plus this:

I noticed that there are some issues in the latest version (not accepting defined font sizes, blurb border colors, etc.). This seems to be consistent with what I've seen. You should contact Divi support to let them know this is still an issue. The more people they have letting them know, the more data they have, and the more likely to get a speedy solution.

In the meantime, try clearing your cache (ctrl-r, cmd-r, or F5 depending on browser or OS) In Chrome you will want to clear the cache manually by going into settings.

If that doesn't change things, you can manually set the font size in the custom css in the main element area of the module using

font-size: 20px;

If that doesn't work try:

font-size: 40px !important;

1. AD Display any template saved in the Divi library as a Shortcode:Learn More
  4. Eliot

Eliot New Member

If I had the same issue as you then I fixed it - under the "content" section click on "clear formatting" (icon: Tx) then I was able to change the font size

Hope it helps!

5. Sha On

Sha On Divi Expert

Good Day,

First, make sure that you have not used divi builder to customize it. if you customize it with divi builder, you can directly go there and change the settings.

second, go for inspect element. (If possible share the url). If you can find out the class, you may use it in additional CSS as-

.classname (use exact class you have selected from inspect element){

font-size:20px;
    }

If it still does not work you can use this as -

.classname (use exact class you have selected from inspect element){

font-size:20px !important;
    }

Regards.

1. AD Custom global Divi footer (20 premade styles) + Revealing footer effect:Learn More