1. PROMO Get 60% OFF Lifetime Pro Membership & access all our Pro Divi Extensions, Divi Layouts, Divi AI Generator, Divi Block, etc.VIEW PRICING
Dismiss Notice
UPDATE Custom Color Scheme + Premade Divi Layouts - A perfect combination to boost productivity. New 'Gadget Repair' layout added.Try our Custom Color Layouts
BEST Divi Block - A revolutionary online drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 478+ premade blocks to kick start your Divi site design. Special module designs are included as well.
Learn MoreTry Free Version

Solved Divi Button Color Glitch Across All Sites

Discussion in 'Basic Support Forum' started by Ivan David Lippens, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Ivan David Lippens

Divi Ultimate Child Theme Divi Ultimate Blog Plugin Divi Ultimate Header Plugin Divi Ultimate Footer Plugin

Basically, the Global Theme Customizer Settings, for Buttons, is not affecting the Text of any Buttons.
    I've looked in some obvious places, and did a Google Search, but nothing similar came up.

Here is a Video Link, demonstrating my issue:

Thanks, guys!
    Ivan
    -

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi.Help Header AI Generator - Try the power of AI to generate a custom Divi header for you:Try Now
  2. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Need to visit your site to see what's the issue.

Currently your site is on maintenance mode. Couldn't access it.

3. Ivan David Lippens

Divi Ultimate Child Theme Divi Ultimate Blog Plugin Divi Ultimate Header Plugin Divi Ultimate Footer Plugin

Yeah, I'm re-designing.
    Why do you need to see the LIVE site?

Did you watch the video?
    Thanks...

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - Custom Divi Builder header on desktop + default slide in / fullscreen menu on mobile:Learn More
  4. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. Already watched the video. Might due to some CSS overriding the Theme Customizer button color. So, need to inspect elements to check which CSS is overriding the color.

Or maybe you could try to inspect the CSS yourself & see which CSS is causing the issue. See the screenshot below.
    upload_2018-8-12_22-34-36.png

5. Ivan David Lippens

Yeah, you see how it's marked "light" on that line?
    The problem is that there is not a light/dark global setting for Divi.

When you go into a button, and select the Design tab, then you can set it to light or dark, but otherwise, I've yet to see such a global setting, so far.
    Maybe it could be made global with some custom CSS, I suppose.

You guys should add a global control into Divi Ultimate. :)
    Thanks!

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Powerful Child Theme - Power up your Divi sites with tons of new functionalities & premade elements:Learn More
  6. Divi.Help Pro Support

Divi.Help Pro Support Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi there. Even though there is a "light" on that line, but it doesn't affect the color. As you can see in the screenshot above, the color is purple, which is set in the Theme Customizer.

So, will need to inspect your button & see which CSS is adding the red color text to your button.

7. Ivan David Lippens

No, you're mistaken, in this case.
    That's the setting, within the button module, that causes the correct color designations to appear.

If I switch it to dark, it will pull from solid color designations in the theme customizer.
    If I switch it to light, then it will pull from the text color designations in the theme customizer.

This has happened on all the Divi Ultimate sites I've built, so far, and perhaps even on regular Divi, but I don't recall for sure.
    There is not special CSS changing anything.

I haven't added anything like that.
    That's always how that section has worked.

I'm saying it would be nice if Divi Ultimate could globally configure the light/dark setting that we find in the button module.
    Thanks!

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Ultimate Blog Plugin - Easily set awesome default design for your Divi single blog page:Learn More
  8. Divi.Help Pro Support

Divi.Help Pro Support Administrator
    Staff Member

I tried to look into default Divi theme & found the issue. The reason why your button color doesn't work as expected is because Divi ignore white color code (#ffffff).

As a workaround, you just need to set rgba(255,255,255,0.99) for the button text color. See the screenshot below.
    **By the way, when you tried to change the color in Theme Customizer, the live preview doesn't work for the button color. You need to publish it & see it on the live site.

upload_2018-8-13_16-54-27.png

9. Ivan David Lippens

Now, that does actually sound like a solution...
    Makes sense...

I'm going to assume, without testing, that, that will fix my problem.
    Thanks, a bunch! :)

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Cart Count Plugin - Easily add cart count to your Divi cart icon. 6 different styles to choose from:Learn More