1. HOT Be a Pro member & access all our premium Divi extensions, including Divi Block, popular Divi Ultimate Header Plugin, etc.LEARN MORE
Dismiss Notice
NEW Divi Login Customizer Plugin - Instantly get a beautifully crafted login page design for Divi site.
View premade login page design
BEST Divi Block - An online drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 417+ premade blocks (light / dark version), including custom header, fullscreen / slide in mobile menu, mega menu, custom footer, page design blocks, before / after image slider, promo bar, floating button, logo carousel, content toggle, slide in bar, etc.
Learn MoreTry Free Version

Divi site won't load on first attempt

Discussion in 'Free Divi Community Forum' started by SpaceIgniter, Apr 19, 2022.

1. SpaceIgniter

SpaceIgniter New Member

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a Divi website that won't load on the first attempt.
    It works after a refresh, or sometimes 2 or more refreshes are required.
    This is unfortunately on IIS based hosting.

I've done the following which made no difference:
    Disabled all plugins
    Used WP-Optimize to optimize DB, images and cache.
    Attempted using steps from this guide: https://onlinemediamasters.com/divi-slow-loading-website/

The site loads fine, after it has been cached in the browser (after refreshing).
    It doesn't load when testing from a fresh browser, or in Incognito mode without refreshing.

Could you possibly help with any advice?
    The link is private, so if you are part of support and need it, please send me a message.

Thank you,

1. AD Robust and extremely customizable carousel module for Divi:Learn More
  2. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Just sent you a PM. You may share the URL there.

Do note that we are just third party developers providing free help for the community. For official Divi support, kindly refer to: https://www.elegantthemes.com/members-area/help/

3. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

I checked your site browser console & there seems to be 403 error for some JS file.

Just did a quick search on the issue & one of it proposed that it might be caused by corrupted .htaccess file. You may try to go to WP Admin > Settings > Permalink & click save & see if it helps.

If doesn't work, you may want to try to use FTP to find the .htaccess file & rename it to any other name & re-do: WP Admin > Settings > Permalink & click save & see if it works.

If still not working, then you might want to refer to your host & see if they have any error logged on their server on the 403 issue.

1. AD The ultimate Divi responsive toolkit to make your website look and function great on all devices:Learn More
  4. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

You may also try to:
    1. Disable your cache / optimizer plugin.
    2. Switch back to your parent Divi theme (currently, you're using child theme).

5. SpaceIgniter

SpaceIgniter New Member

Good morning,

Thank you for the assistance and guidance.

This is IIS based hosting, so the .htaccess file isn't being used.
    I created a new web.config file, with these contents: https://gist.github.com/Toddses/7f3729ddf7c6466bb3dc
    I updated the Permalinks afterwards. The site seems to load properly now.

Could you please check if you still see a 403 error on the js file? I'm not clued up where to see it.
    The host is quite pathetic to be honest, I will just be wasting my own time to contact them.

Thank you again, I sincerely appreciate it.

1. AD Ever wanted to add mega menu to your Divi sites? Check out this plugin:Learn More
  6. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Tested on incognito, but still seeing the 403 error. You may check it by right click your site on browser & click 'Inspect' & click 'Console' tab.

Perhaps you might want to refer official Divi support & see what they say about this issue: https://www.elegantthemes.com/members-area/help/