1. HOT Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - More variety for your Divi header: https://header.diviultimate.com/

ET_Builder is not defined

Discussion in 'Get Help On Divi Wordpress' started by nsmaaron, Feb 11, 2020.

1. nsmaaron

nsmaaron New Member

I'm trying to edit a new page on a brand new WordPress using Divi Child Theme.

WordPress 5.3.2
    PHP 7.3.10
    MySQL 5.7
    server OS: Windows 10
    DIVI 4.3.1

Permissions: write access to the website identity on wp-content. This blog is also installed as a subdirectory of a proprietary .Net CMS under /blog. We're able to access the blog and change settings, access and change DIVI settings.

When I go to edit any page, I get this console error and the page just keeps spinning without loading the front-end editor. I changed the settings under Divi > Theme Options > Buider > Advanced to use Classic Editor and enabled the latest DIVI builder experience. I still cannot edit on the back or front end of the page.

Uncaught ReferenceError: ET_Builder is not defined
    at Object.<anonymous> (bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:9)
    at a (bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:2)
    at Object.<anonymous> (bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:304)
    at Object.<anonymous> (bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:304)
    at Module.<anonymous> (bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:316)
    at Module.<anonymous> (bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:316)
    at bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:2
    at bundle.js?ver=4.3.1:2

here is what the WP Debug log said under DIVI Support tab.

[11-Feb-2020 20:49:24 UTC] .../cache/Directory.php:65 ET_Core_Cache_Directory::_initialize():
    Unable to write to filesystem. Please ensure that PHP has write access to one of the following directories:

- WP_CONTENT_DIR
    - wp_upload_dir()
    - ET_CORE_CACHE_DIR.

Has anyone else encountered this weird issue and is this a DIVI problem or our hosting platform?

We've tried resaving the permalinks settings, allow full read and write access to the root folder (not just /blog), and even cleared the database to re-install WordPress. I've also tried clearing local and session storage in the browser and doing a hard refresh afterwards.

1. AD Add tons of new icons for your Divi site. Free version available: https://divi.help/link-forums/divi-icons-pro.147/
  2. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member