1. PROMO Get 60% OFF Lifetime Pro Membership & access all our Pro Divi Extensions, Divi Layouts, Divi AI Generator, Divi Block, etc.VIEW PRICING
Dismiss Notice
UPDATE Custom Color Scheme + Premade Divi Layouts - A perfect combination to boost productivity. New 'Gadget Repair' layout added.Try our Custom Color Layouts
BEST Divi Block - A revolutionary online drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 478+ premade blocks to kick start your Divi site design. Special module designs are included as well.
Learn MoreTry Free Version

Solved Full width slider not working

Discussion in 'Free Divi Community Forum' started by lisakaye, Oct 17, 2017.

1. lisakaye

lisakaye New Member

For over a day I've been battling to get the fullwidth slider working on Divi. The slider appears as a tiny image no matter what size/dimension file I upload. I have even used supplied Divi templates and it still doesn't work. URL is http://www.indushelgas.co.za/wp/services/ - have tried using it on the homepage too. The width is set to 100%.

I only purchased Divi yesterday so I am a newbie to this but am finding it very frustrating being limited to using the Builder and being unable to switch to the standard WP page view. I wanted to use a slider plugin but see that no 3rd party plugins are compatible with Divi? Surely that can't be right? Would really appreciate some guidance.

Attached Files:

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade logo carousel design for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  2. Wagner K.

Wagner K. New Member

You should put the image as background image. Not slide image.

3. Gaurav

Gaurav New Member

Putting the image as background defeats the purpose of the slider function? I'm having the same issue and not sure why this thread says resolved?? If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Beautifully crafted custom colored 'Freelancer' Divi layout for all Pro members:View Demo
  4. Gaurav

Gaurav New Member

To clarify the resolution on this issue. I tried everything to make the image appear full screen. The trick is to not add the image to the slide image area but to the slide background area.

5. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

What about adding padding CSS to the slider content area. So that even without any content, the background image will still show.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Beautifully crafted custom colored 'Industrial' Divi layout for all Pro members:View Demo
  6. divice

divice New Member

Thank you Gurav.

7. Jeremy-wicket

Jeremy-wicket New Member

I was having this same issue and the background image helped to partially resolve this. The next problem is now the background image is getting cut off if the rest of the slide doesn't have content? How do you specify a minimum height that also obeys responsive breakpoints?

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - 30+ premade custom footer designs for you to choose from:View Demo
  8. Yaron

Yaron New Member

Did anyone resolved this? HOw do I get the full width slider to be responsive??