1. PROMO Get 60% OFF Lifetime Pro Membership & access all our Pro Divi Extensions, Divi Layouts, Divi AI Generator, Divi Block, etc.VIEW PRICING
Dismiss Notice
UPDATE Custom Color Scheme + Premade Divi Layouts - A perfect combination to boost productivity. New 'Gadget Repair' layout added.Try our Custom Color Layouts
BEST Divi Block - A revolutionary drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 960+ premade blocks (Light & Dark) to kick start your Divi site design. Special module designs are included as well.
Learn More About Divi BlockFree Version ~ 340+ Free Blocks

Gallery Module change Text of mfp-counter

Discussion in 'Free Divi Community Forum' started by Sebas-divi, Jul 8, 2024.

1. Sebas-divi

Sebas-divi New Member

Hi,
    I want to change the "mfp-counter" text of Divi.
    If you click on a picture of a gallery module element the counter appears on the downside of the picture.
    For example "1 of 5", "2 of 5",...
    I have a german site and want to exchange the "of".
    I tried to change it via wpml, but can not find the string. Is there a method how to change it without additional code?

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade promo bar / notification bar with close button for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  2. Divi Booster

Divi Booster Divi Expert

Hey Sebas-divi,

There isn't a setting in Divi to change it and I don't think it's possible to translate it through the likes of WPML as the text image counter text is set by the lightbox library which isn't WordPress-specific and so doesn't use WordPress's string translation functions..

This post gives two ways to do it - either using my Divi Gallery Booster plugin, or some jQuery code:

https://divibooster.com/change-the-divi-gallery-module-image-count-separator/

Hope it helps!

3. Sebas-divi

Sebas-divi New Member

Thank you for replying.
    I don't use Divi Gallery Booster. There must be a solution without buying additional plugins I don't need.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Ultimate Child Theme - Tons of premade layouts & section designs + functionalities for your Divi site:Learn More
  4. Divi Booster

Divi Booster Divi Expert

Yes, check the second part of that post under the "Change the Gallery Module Image Counter Separator using jQuery" heading. It explains how to do it with some code (but not much). I don't think you'll find an easier option that that for the reasons I mentioned before.