1. PROMO Get 60% OFF Lifetime Pro Membership & access all our Pro Divi Extensions, Divi Layouts, Divi AI Generator, Divi Block, etc.VIEW PRICING
Dismiss Notice
UPDATE Custom Color Scheme + Premade Divi Layouts - A perfect combination to boost productivity. New 'Gadget Repair' layout added.Try our Custom Color Layouts
BEST Divi Block - A revolutionary online drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 478+ premade blocks to kick start your Divi site design. Special module designs are included as well.
Learn MoreTry Free Version

Solved Help. I'm hoping this is the right forum. I need help editing the text on my home page.

Discussion in 'Free Divi Community Forum' started by Marie Klein, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

I am trying to edit the text on the home page in the center from "Eliminate Your Need for Bifocals" to "Reduce or Eliminate Your Need for Bifocals". Website Home Page.png
    I can see that specific text in the Home Page edit for the Full Width Slider as shown here:

Website Home page Divi Full Width Slider.png

But when I edit that row where the text appears, it takes me to this and there is no where that I can find that text to edit. And it will not allow me to type into that line where the text appears. Please help.
    Website Home page edit full width slider.png

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi.Help Header AI Generator - Try the power of AI to generate a custom Divi header for you:Try Now
  2. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

I see that you're editing it in the backend builder. What about editing it in the Visual Builder?

upload_2018-11-1_15-38-50.png

3. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

Thank you for the suggestion and I don't want to appear too ignorant but I can't find how to edit it in Visual Builder. Is there a plug in that I must add? I was only shown how to log into the back end of the website to make changes and post blogs. I have been able to figure out how to make all other changes, but this text edit, although it should be simple, has me stumped.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade gradient text design for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  4. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

See the screenshot below. Just click the Use Visual Builder.

upload_2018-11-1_22-27-18.png

Or you can just go to your page & click this Enable Visual Builder. See screenshot below.

upload_2018-11-1_22-28-18.png

5. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

I do not have that option. Do I need to upgrade something or install a plug in?

upload_2018-11-1_10-37-27.png

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade testimonial carousel design for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  6. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

What about this?

Are you using Divi Theme or Divi Builder Plugin?

7. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

Sorry, but I don't have the Enable Visual Builder option along the top either.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - Add custom vertical navigation for your Divi site. Turns into slide in menu on mobile:Learn More
  8. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

That's weird. It's best for you to update Divi & Wordpress to the latest version & see if the issue still persist.

9. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

It seems that I have the latest version of WordPress but I have no idea what the GitHub error means. I don't know what API is either. See the error in red below.

upload_2018-11-1_11-0-50.png

Then I scrolled down and tried to update Divi but I get this error:

Updating Theme Divi (1/1)

An error occurred while updating Divi:Before you can receive product updates, you must first authenticate your Elegant Themes subscription. To do this, you need to enter both your Elegant Themes Username and your Elegant Themes API Key into the Updates Tab in your theme and plugin settings. To locate your API Key,log into your Elegant Themes account and navigate to theAccount > API Keypage.Learn more here. If you still get this message, please make sure that your Username and API Key have been entered correctly

A website developer set up our website so we could maintain it ourselves and turned it over to me. I have asked them for this API key and help in getting this update to go through. I'm thinking this would help me.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade horizontal timeline design for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  10. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Not that sure about Github error as well.

See how it goes after you update Divi to latest version.

11. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

Thank you to all that have replied to my call for help. I now must find out if I can get the username and API key in order to update Divi.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade promo bar / notification bar with close button for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  12. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

To update Divi, I was instructed by the Website designer to buy a year subscription at ElegantThemes.com and I did. I now have a username and API key but I can't find where to add this in my website backend in order to get rid of the error message when trying to update Divi.

upload_2018-11-1_16-44-45.png

If I select to update Divi, I get:

upload_2018-11-1_16-46-28.png

13. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

You should add it at Divi -> Theme Options -> Updates

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade floating button design for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  14. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

Success on updating Divi

upload_2018-11-2_8-3-10.png

15. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

Thank you! I've entered the username and API key and logged out and back in again. Now when I try to edit any pages I get a new error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 99 bytes) in/data/50/4/14/93/4829256/user/5717828/htdocs/visualhc-v2/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.phpon line2924

OMG! Just checked the website and I get the same error if trying to go to www.VisualHealth.com. Any ideas? I didn't get this error before updating Divi.
    Thanks.

#15 Marie Klein, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi.Help Pro Layout Packs - Agency Divi layout pack featuring unique comment design on single blog post page:View Demo
  16. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

I tried to Rollback to the previous version of Divi and it's says Rollback wasn't supported with my previous version. :(

17. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

You will need your web host to solve this memory issue for you.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Custom Color Scheme + Premade Layouts - A perfect combination to boost productivity:Try Now
  18. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

19. Marie Klein

Marie Klein New Member

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi.Help Header AI Generator - Try the power of AI to generate a custom Divi header for you:Try Now