1. PROMO Get 60% OFF Lifetime Pro Membership & access all our Pro Divi Extensions, Divi Layouts, Divi AI Generator, Divi Block, etc.VIEW PRICING
Dismiss Notice
UPDATE Custom Color Scheme + Premade Divi Layouts - A perfect combination to boost productivity. New 'Gadget Repair' layout added.Try our Custom Color Layouts
BEST Divi Block - A revolutionary drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 960+ premade blocks (Light & Dark) to kick start your Divi site design. Special module designs are included as well.
Learn More About Divi BlockFree Version ~ 340+ Free Blocks

How to influence language of pages that are shown in "Page links"

Discussion in 'Free Divi Community Forum' started by Stefanie Bayer, Jul 1, 2024.

1. Stefanie Bayer

Stefanie Bayer New Member

Hi divi experts,

another questions concerning multiple languages (using Polylang). I created three languages and started translating some pages to English and French (German is the main language). In various Divi modules I leverage page links to refer to certain pages.
    Is the page in English, I have (usually) the English pages to pick from, in French pages the French links and in German the German links - so far so good.

NOW my ISSUE:

I created a custom global footer which contains 3 sections (one for each language) - each section contains the footer in its language (hiding / showing the several sections is done via css - based on this post: )

Within one section (e.g. the German one), of course I only want to link German pages. In the English section I want to be able to pick the translated English sections when I pick a page link; and French the same.

This is how the structure is:
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 12.10.52.png

Now what happens is kind of weird... Most of the time (I have no idea what influences this state) I can only pick German pages when clicking on the database icon and select "Page link"

This is the text module - the text is in the Body
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 12.11.27.png

Then I use the "Link" area to select the page link (here all the German pages are shown)
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 12.11.38.png

When I now edit the English or the French one - SOMETIMES it shows me the English pages (but rarely) or the French ones (also rarely) - most of the time it also shows the German ones - which I don't want to link of course...

Here you can see I was once able to pick the English contact page and link it (the one selected) - but the other pages here are again only the German ones...

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 12.12.03.png

Therefore, I started not using the Module Links (selecting page links) but directly posting the link into the "Module LInk URL" field. I am afraid though that this will cause troubles if at one point I might change the URL of a certain page / those manually entered links won't update automatically, I guess...
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 12.12.22.png

SO - the QUESTION remains - how can I influence or change the language of the pages that are shown when I want to pick the page link...

Any ideas?

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi.Help Pro Layout Packs - Agency Divi layout pack featuring unique comment design on single blog post page:View Demo
  2. Divi Booster

Divi Booster Divi Expert

I'm not sure, but it sort of sounds like Polylang might be filtering the posts in the Page Link list based on the current language. When you're editing a post in a particular language (e.g. English), it may be setting the currently language based on the language of that page and then filtering the posts based on that. But for the global footer it may be setting the language based on whatever page you were on when you went to edit the links - and if German is the main site language, I'm guessing you'd be typically starting on a German page when going on to edit the footer? In that case, it may be setting the current language as German and filtering the posts accordingly. Try starting on an English (or French) page and going into the global footer (without going via a German page) and see if that helps. If not, perhaps try switching the site language in the main WordPress settings - that may also influence it.

Stefanie Bayer likes this.
  3. Stefanie Bayer

Hi Dan,

I tried everything, every combination I could think of to reproduce the issue... First changing the backend (user) language as well / or the frontend language of the page using Polylang's language switcher in my menu. Then opening the "Theme Builder" to change the global footer. There must me a correlation somewhere but I'm not able to figure it out.

But in the end your answer helped me nevertheless, because what I now do is: open any page in edit mode in the Visual Builder and then change the links in the global footer from there --> then the page language is used for filtering the page links. Thanks :)

How to do this in the backend though using the "Theme Builder" itself - no idea...

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - Custom Divi Builder header on desktop + default slide in / fullscreen menu on mobile:Learn More
  4. Stefanie Bayer

5. Divi Booster

Divi Booster Divi Expert

Hey Stefanie,

I'm not sure what would be causing the theme builder issue - perhaps the theme builder footer layout has itself been marked as being a German post (behind the scenes layouts are just a custom post type). I'm not sure... anyway I'm glad that lead you to a workable solution! Thanks for sharing it :)

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Mini Cart Pro Plugin - Instantly add 3 different types of mini cart to your Divi site:Learn More