1. PROMO Get 60% OFF Lifetime Pro Membership & access all our Pro Divi Extensions, Divi Layouts, Divi AI Generator, Divi Block, etc.VIEW PRICING
Dismiss Notice
UPDATE Custom Color Scheme + Premade Divi Layouts - A perfect combination to boost productivity. New 'Gadget Repair' layout added.Try our Custom Color Layouts
BEST Divi Block - A revolutionary online drag & drop tool to easily mix & match 478+ premade blocks to kick start your Divi site design. Special module designs are included as well.
Learn MoreTry Free Version

Module settings and other layout options disappeared

Discussion in 'Free Divi Community Forum' started by Maxence, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Maxence

Maxence New Member

Hi,

Nice to all meet you.
    New on the forum.

I'm here to report a problem which occurred on several websites including mine and an other one from a developer friend.

It seems that most of module settings I've put as default like Blog Module etc disappeared.
    I'm running the latest versions of the themes and Wordpress at this day.

Here is an example of the problem:
    https://www.phonographecorp.com/

Metadata show again, when you go on a post, the colour of the header changed as well. This is my friend's website so I can't tell you all the minor changes but they all concern design and layout that's normally handled by Divi. I've put my own website on maintenance mode until I correct these problems so I don't thinks it's useful to share the link here.

So my questions are:
    - Why did it happen without any intervention of mine ?
    - I wonder where all the settings of the modules are stored when you store a setting as default ?
    - Consequence: Do i have to set again all modules settings again ? Can I extract my settings to put them as CSS code in my styles sheet of my child theme ?

I hope this is clear enough as I'm not an expert on the subject.
    Attached some photos.

Thanks in advance,
    Maxence Capture d’écran 2021-01-12 à 13.16.06.png Capture d’écran 2021-01-12 à 13.16.20.png

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Ultimate Archive Plugin - Tons of elegant premade sidebar styles to choose from for your Divi site:Learn More
  2. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Seems like you already solved it. It should be a Static CSS File Generation issue.

3. Maxence

Maxence New Member

Thanks for your reply,
    No it is not solved, I cleared the static CSS files and tested different options so it seems it's not that.
    It's most likely some presets from the divi modules which disappeared.
    On my website I choose to recreate them manually but I still don't understand why it happens and how I can avoid this next time...

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Block Pro - Premade rolling text design for your Divi site without using any plugins:View Demo
  4. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe all the preset styles / global default are saved on the database itself. And the only way to access them is through the module settings.

You may want to refer official Divi support about it & see what they say: https://www.elegantthemes.com/members-area/help/

5. Maxence

Maxence New Member

Hi there,
    Just to let you know with the latest updates from Divi, the same problems appeared again. Divi theme options resetting to default and divi module presets erased and reinitialized to default as well.
    Will try to reach Elegant Themes support, but i'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem.

1. PRO MEMBER PERKS Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - Custom Divi Builder header on desktop + default slide in / fullscreen menu on mobile:Learn More