1. You need to log in or sign up to ask pre-sales questions.
  2. HOT Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - Design Divi custom header globally in Divi Builder: https://header.diviultimate.com/

Solved number of post to show and how

Discussion in 'Ask Pre-Sales Questions' started by Davide, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Davide

Davide New Member
    Divi Ultimate Blog Plugin

Hello, i would like to buy the Archive Plugin but i would like to understand how it works the layout "Overlay Style - 5"

. Can i give the size width that i want?..example 80% - 50%?

. Can i decide to show just 1 preview post on the first row of the module instead of 2? (see attach)

. Can i decide to show 2 preview posts on the second row of the module instead of 4? (see attach)

. In general i would like to know how is the behaviour of the module respect the number of the posts that you want to show (in the case of the layout "Overlay Style - 5", less than six post).

. Can i decide which post to show? for example if i have 30 posts for the category "Travel", the module shows all the posts? or can i decide which posts i want to show?

. Can i decide which posts i want to show between different categories?

This question are for understand how the plugin it works.

Many thanks

Dave

Attached Files:

2. Divi Ultimate

Divi Ultimate Administrator
    Staff Member

To achieve all those, you will need custom CSS to do that. There's no extra settings for you to tweak the premade design. If you want, we can help you with those custom CSS.
    Basically, our plugin just override the default template of the archive / category page, in term of design wise. All other functions retain the same. Meaning, the category page will list all the blog posts within the category, similar with how default Divi category pages work. You don't get to choose which post to show / hide. It will just show all the posts that met the criteria / category.

3. Davide

Davide New Member

Ok thanks for you answer, but without css if i have just 3 posts and i would like to use the layout "Overlay Style - 5" what happends? how i see the module?
    Thanks

4. Divi Ultimate

Staff Member

5. Davide

Davide New Member

ah ok...so it doesn't fill all the white space with the post automatically..for fill the white space with the post it needs css..like you said right?

6. Divi Ultimate

Staff Member

Yes, it won't fill the empty spaces automatically. All location are fixed with CSS. If you want to make it one on top & two at the bottom, then you will need custom CSS to achieve that. Do note that if you have only 2 posts, similarly it will have empty spaces in the third post location.

7. Davide

Davide New Member

ok perfect..ti understand..thanks for you help...i appreciate.