1. HOT Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - More variety for your Divi header: https://header.diviultimate.com/

Solved Page Breaks (CSS) On Refresh! Help!

Discussion in 'Get Help On Divi Wordpress' started by RPG, Sep 6, 2018.

1. RPG

RPG New Member

Hi All,

We recently stated using DIVI for a very important website project see here

The theme was working great but now when we load the page on the laptop it does not render properly, almost as if it does not use the custom CSS anymore.

We can restore the page to resolve this issue, or use the visual builder which displays the site as it should. Then when you save and refresh, it works fine until the second refresh when it appears 'broken' again.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ways to fix?

I spent around 30 hours building the site because we found it very frustrating and buggy and now just as we are getting to a fairly decent stage by the finish line this happens.

help very much appreciated
    Ryan

1. AD Create stunning carousel for Divi sites: https://divi.help/link-forums/divi-carousel.153/
  2. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Try to disable the option below & see if it works:

upload_2019-2-8_22-44-49.png

bendero47 and johnleao like this.
  3. RPG

RPG New Member

Thank you very much, works perfectly. Will I have needed to select those for any other purpose?

1. AD Set awesome default design for your Divi single blog page: https://blog.diviultimate.com/
  4. RPG

RPG New Member

Thanks. Th only other thing i'm trying to work out is how to make this menu colour actually change to something with contrast to see the text itself. Struggled to find it. After that, looks like i'm done :)

Attached Files:

5. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

That's just to speed up your site loading time. But it might break some of the sites.

Looks like you get it done alr.

1. AD Tons of premade layout & section designs + functionalities for your Divi site: https://diviultimate.com/
  6. -Chris-

-Chris- New Member

My apologies, but how do I get to that part please?

7. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

As shown in the screenshot, it's located in: WP Admin > Divi > Theme Options > Builder > Advanced > Static CSS File Generation > Disabled

1. AD Beautify your Divi archive / category page with premade design: https://archive.diviultimate.com/
  8. johnleao

johnleao New Member

Thank you very much, works perfectly.

9. bendero47

bendero47 New Member

Thank you! This is the answer, a lot of people online are struggling with this issue and no other forum I've read was able to diagnose it correctly.

1. AD Awesome ways to display testimonials in your Divi site: https://divi.help/link-forums/testimonial-slider.148/
  10. Sufyan

Sufyan New Member

Hello, I am facing an issue on a couple of my divi pages https://www.kalpanapatel.com/courses-workshops and https://www.kalpanapatel.com/shop. On these two pages when I refresh the page, the CSS breaks. I also try with disabling
    Static CSS File Generation and there is no plugin conflict also, I try one by one. Please help me to solve this issue. This is really a headache for me.
    Thank You!

11. bendero47

bendero47 New Member

Go to Dashboard, Divi, Theme Options, Builder, Advanced, and Disable CSS File Generation

1. AD Easily add Mega Menu for your Divi site: https://divi.help/link-forums/divi-mega-pro.149/
  12. Sufyan

Sufyan New Member

upload_2020-3-4_22-31-22.png

Please look at that, it is already disabled but its not working.

13. Sufyan

Sufyan New Member

Please help me to solve this issue. I wanna solve this ASAP.
    Thank You

1. AD Custom global Divi footer (20 premade styles) + Revealing footer effect: https://footer.diviultimate.com/
  14. chongdavid

chongdavid New Member

This definitely helps. I think that option should be off by default. Wasted a whole day testing, deleting elements, creating new pages, checking error logs, reinstalling themes, disabling plugins... on the brink of giving up on divi already.

15. Sculptor

Sculptor New Member

I desperately need help with this issue. I'm lost at this point and the deadline for my project is this week.

Turning static css off doesn't solve it for me. I've also established that this is not a plugin error. With debug mode on, there are no errors displayed the first time, when the page loads correctly. All seems to be fine. After refreshing once the css layout will be destroyed and a gigantic list of errors appears. Strangest thing of all: layout remains broken until I either activate or deactivate any random plugin. After doing that it will once again load correctly the first time, without any errors, and break again as soon as you reload the page.

99% of the errors seems to be within the class-et-builder-element.php file. I've pasted the list below as PHP code.

I tried everything from replacing this file with a fresh one to completely reinstalling Divi and my child theme. Rolling back to previous versions, deactivating all the plugins. Nothing works. This same list of errors will pop up. Help :-(

PHP:

Notice
    Undefined offset1 in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 419

Notice
    Undefined indexkx�~���3�9VY�� in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice
    Undefined index�u�HA�Ԧ y�3�"Ц�O�o�~Bن$*�;9L�Y/٢PŌpD�`9�Ŗ 1z� h��L���s��|k �x��5A� �1�`��=��D(^��`6#�Ģ"��t in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice
    Undefined offset1 in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 419

Notice
    Undefined index"![�!� �ۨn�,�߳�"�XH�5j�9dsFw@���S�Ғg�^��dX�;�zF�<%戨�_�w$J�;�dghS�1 in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice

Notice
    Undefined index: =�AyAQ��y 4� ��ov�-6����o���Hmխ����Eh|��|q� in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice
    Undefined index�8QВ`Rk�� �ߔ�"�,j� in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 419

Notice: Undefined index: }*�#�_Pwh3A*�$
    `V[��%g��bD0�$�� �Yd�mmӋ�ԤvaY���pԃ�2�j��uwx���&@_�n�\�B���=/�CE��7��r�^/���H~�Ac�GY�����r]���%t/home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice
    Undefined index������G>i�=����|��{���_��[\G-��Y��x;j��#f ��c&�� X�<*��-[B��燎P�C in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

NoticeUndefined index��T�+q<*\Vl�;k�kלּ in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice
    Undefined index��ۢ$�ԳNt in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice

Notice
    Undefined index��|����������in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice
    Undefined indexI��j��s�/home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice

Notice
    Undefined indexd�uTj6�"} in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice: Undefined index: 7�ɑ<Ҷ%��w�Z#�K���"
    ��\5U�Q� �P~[�3 ���E��C#�~�C�DUr@�#΀�� ���ZEmD����"�� z���~_ҬM��1 in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

NoticeUndefined indexin /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice

Notice
    Undefined indexJG���M�Ao��4���}3���Ӿ��#У�#���O����"5GF�����ݸ�ב՜��0~<�s�ǹ�� C��\f?(�/�0��E������SYf��%�(�6yVT���������Yyb��{�v��������o�=���ʔS�q�Ap�!O�s����o����9b in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

NoticeUndefined indexj�0�� |��/�UR1���ai.�C��XB��#y׾&��Wpn���^�7j�(n�3g��+|��W�.��$��'ߏ��?��Z in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

NoticeUndefined offset1 in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 419

Notice
    Undefined index��� �G�X���/���(}�ܖ�A����G��Ed;b����|Ӳ2���Ӈ�)4c����T����Pvޖ�'Ꮛ����o in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Notice: Undefined index: St��4.������*�d�2�щ��s{j?G��v�@1� ����5��0b��o�6h�́!Vߎ�m�� in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 420

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php:420) in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6029

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php:420) in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1252

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php:420) in /home/home2/a/asropa/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 9

1. AD Add tons of new icons for your Divi site. Free version available: https://divi.help/link-forums/divi-icons-pro.147/
  16. Sculptor

Sculptor New Member

Come on guys, I'm paying good money for Divi and now I need the premium help you're boasting about.

17. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

Do note that we are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Elegant Themes. We are just third party developers providing free help for Divi community. For official Divi support, kindly refer: https://www.elegantthemes.com/members-area/help/

As for our suggestion:

You can then try to enable Safe Mode & see if it works: WP Admin > Divi > Support Center > Safe Mode
    **If it works in Safe Mode, meaning most likely it's a plugin conflict. You will then need to enable / disable your plugins one by one to find the culprit.

**If not plugin issue, then next thing to check is your child theme. Try to switch your active theme to parent Divi theme & see if it works.

**If not the above issues, then it might be due to your custom JS in WP Admin > Divi > Theme Options > Integration tab.

1. AD Awesome ways to display testimonials in your Divi site: https://divi.help/link-forums/testimonial-slider.148/
  18. Sculptor

Sculptor New Member

Yeah sorry I hadn't noticed. And thanks for the response.
    I went to Elegant Themes and a Divi dev helped me to try and fix this issue for six hours straight, via a live chat. We also tried the stuff you mentioned.

Even this didn't help. Nothing worked. Reinstalling Divi didn't work, completely reinstalling WordPress didn't even work, nothing did. So I had to give up, wipe my database and do a completely clean reinstall. I have to start over from scratch. At this point I'm just glad I can finally do something again. In the end we still don't know for sure if the problem was with Divi, with WordPress itself or with something different altogether. I'm just screwed in a cheap way and I'll have to deal with it & hope it doesn't happen again.

To future readers of this thread, for whom turning static css and plugins off doesn't work: RIP, you're better off starting over right now than wasting 20 hours on troubleshooting before you have to do the exact same thing, like I did. God only knows what caused this BS.

19. Sculptor

Sculptor New Member

OK, so wiping my entire database and reinstalling everything has actually not worked. Any page created with Divi will break after a single refresh with the exact same error log I posted above. Turning static CSS and plugins off still does not help.
    I'll be looking at it again today with the same guy who helped me yesterday + more in-depth support from Support Leads.

If this turns out to be a Divi related problem after all, I'll be canceling my sub. This glitchy mess is ridiculous. Absolutely hideous and atrocious. Hazardous to client relationships and income.

I'll keep you posted on our findings today.

1. AD Set awesome default design for your Divi single blog page: https://blog.diviultimate.com/