1. HOT Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - Design Divi custom header globally in Divi Builder: https://header.diviultimate.com/

Theme Updated and Now I get an Parse error: syntax error, message

Discussion in 'Get Help On Divi Wordpress' started by PGeno, Nov 8, 2019.

1. PGeno

PGeno New Member

Hi everyone. I recently updated the divi theme on our website, and now the site is not working. When I visit the link or even try to access the WordPress Admin screen, I get the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/content/70/4360270/html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/core.php on line 5561

Website is: azquality.com

I'm unable to do anything at all. I don't have a backup for the site either.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!

Pete

2. Divi.Help

Divi.Help Administrator
    Staff Member

I would suggest you use FTP / cPanel to access your site files & delete Divi theme from: wp-content > themes > Divi

Then download the latest version from ElegantThemes website & unzip it in the same folder.

Perhaps your previous update is corrupted & thus you have to use the method above to re-install Divi.

======

Additional Info:

After deleting Divi folder using FTP / cPanel, you can try to access WP Admin. If you can access it, then you can just install Divi theme from WP Admin > Appearance > Themes.

Recommended Divi Hosting