1. HOT Divi Ultimate Header Plugin - More variety for your Divi header: https://header.diviultimate.com/

Unable to fix CSS problem, Please help

Discussion in 'Get Help On Divi Wordpress' started by ChrisTec, May 23, 2020 at 7:55 AM.

1. ChrisTec

ChrisTec New Member

Hello to you. I am asking for your help to solve a little problem I have with DIVI. In fact, this problem is not of today, I believe it goes back to the update (Draggable Sizing And Spacing Controls For Div, https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/theme-releases / introducing-draggable-sizing-for-divi). I will try to be as specific as possible to describe my problem to you, because to tell the truth I myself have a little trouble understanding where it comes from. Since this version of DIVI was published, every time I try to update I come across this problem which modifies the CSS code of my articles.

The problem is, I can't figure out where it came from. Sometimes it is enough for me to make small modifications to CSS or to activate and deactivate a plugin so that the problem disappears, but as soon as I start making modifications it reappears. Where it gets complicated is that the problem appears when I activate or deactivate different plugins, and sometimes the problem does not even appear and the plugin that had generated this problem the previous time solves this same problem when I reactive. Sometimes this also happens when I add CSS code or when I deactivate CSS code that I add with the plugin (Simple Custom CSS and JS). But obviously, it would be too simple if it was always the same code that would hinder this problem, but it is not the case, sometimes it's a piece of code and sometimes it's another.

This problem can also appear when I activate or deactivate the child theme, but it does not do it every time. In short, you are starting to understand why I am asking you, because after having done a lot of tests I still cannot find out what is the source of this problem, because each time I do tests it is a different plugin generates the problem or a different CSS code or the activation or deactivation of the child theme and this changes almost every time.

I obviously tried to use the safe mode of DIVI which disables all plugins and the child theme, obviously the problem disappears if I do not touch any configuration, but that does not tell me where the problem comes from. I also tried to deactivate everything and reactivate the plugins one by one, but each time it is another plugin which generates this problem.

To give you more information, here are the CSS changes that are brought about by this problem. Basically, it's about changing the width of an item on published articles.

The CSS code goes from that:

Code:
    .et_pb_section_2>.et_pb_row, body #page-container .et-db #et-boc .et-l .et_pb_section_2>.et_pb_row, body.et_pb_pagebuilder_layout.single #page-container #et-boc .et-l .et_pb_section_2>.et_pb_row, body.et_pb_pagebuilder_layout.single.et_full_width_page #page-container #et-boc .et-l .et_pb_section_2>.et_pb_row, body.et_pb_pagebuilder_layout.single.et_full_width_portfolio_page #page-container #et-boc .et-l .et_pb_section_2>.et_pb_row {
        width: 94%;
        max-width: 94%;
    }

To that :

Code:
    .et_pb_section_2>.et_pb_row {
        width: 94%;
        max-width: 94%;
    }

I'm putting a screenshot for you for more details.

What is crazy is that I use a template proposed by DIVI which worked perfectly until this update. Obviously for each of my tests I completely empty the cache, I even disabled WP Rocket to be sure that there is no more cache. I also empty the browser cache as well as the cloudflare cache. I also disabled the option to generate static CSS files in DIVI.

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for several months now, but I keep going in circles, so I am asking you in the hope that someone is a solution to this problem or an interesting idea. to offer.

Thank you in advance and I wish you a very good day.

Attached Files:

1. AD Speed up your Divi site with Divi specific cache plugin: https://divi.help/link-forums/divi-rocket.160/

Recommended Divi Hosting